4 1/2 t Dry Yeast
2 c Water, warm
1 T Sugar
1/2 c Olive Oil
5 1/2 Cup All-Purpose Flour
2 t Salt
2T Herbs, fresh and chopped
Maldon flakey sea salt for the finish
I added as thin slices of white onion (mostly for aesthetic) and cloves of roasted garlic with sun dried tomatoes and mozzarella cheese balls. Extra olive oil or from the sundries tomatoes jar recommend .
Fresh grated parmigiano-reggiano for the finish
- Dissolve the yeast in the warm water and add sugar. Let the water sit in a warm place for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, salt and herbs. Make a well in the center of the flour and add the oil. followed by the yeast mixture.
- Knead the dough for 10 minutes. Then place the dough in an oiled bowl. Cover with plastic or a damp towel and let the dough rise until doubled in size, about 1/ 1/2 hours.
- Spread the dough into a baking sheet. Dimple the dough with your fingers and let rise, uncovered, for 30 minutes. While the dough is rising, pre-heat an oven to 450 degrees.
- Brush the dough with the olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Dimple again, if necessary. Place the pan in the lower part of the oven. Reduce temperature to 375 degrees and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden o the bottom.
Use the bread to sop up the oil from the sundries tomatoes . Squeeze all ingredients into the bread and enjoy! Cheese can be added. This is excellent served along with eggs, salads and pasta or soups.
Until Next Time…