I am on a mission to make a best there can be vegan version of the Scandinavian Princess cake. This is my first round of making the cake. I opt not to make my usually angel food or sponge cake. The proper recipe for the non-vegan version Scandinavian Princess cake is a sponge cake. I make as many components from scratch. It has been two years since I have really been able to bake and play in my kitchen.
Today, I make two kinds of whipped cream and officially know how to spell aquafaba. This recipe is one of them. It doesn’t hold up for my cake the way I thought it would. I imagine that is my fault as this recipe is great. The cream is shiny and silky from the start. It is a must enjoy it immediately type of whipped cream. Thank you to thehiddenveggies.com of your recipe.
3/4 cup of aquafaba (from canned unsalted chickpeas or white beans. I used a can and a box of chickpeas)
1/4 tsp of cream of tartar or lemon juice (citric acid may work I haven’t tried it yet but I have some. If you do, please let know)
1 Tbsp of vanilla extract
2 Tbsp of a neutral oil like coconut to canola oil. I didn’t use oil.
- Drain and save the liquid from a can of chickpeas or white beans.
- Pour 3/4 cup of the liquid in a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- Use a mixer and beat the liquid until it starts to get foamy.
- Add 1/4 tsp cream of tartar and continue to mix for 5 minutes on high until it becomes very fluffy and forms stiff peaks.
- Add 1 tbsp vanilla and continue to beat for another minute. (It will turn light brown for a minute, but then turn white again as it beats in).
Until Next Time…