The recipe is easy. It comes from Love and Lemons. Not For Love & Lemons the retailer. Different. At first, I think the retailer jumped on the cooking wagon. Nope, not the same. You may not have needed the clarification. I did.
Start your squash before you think you may be hungry. My quarter cuts take 59 minutes in the oven at 400 degree F. I am meal prepping. I have four sides or two mains depending. I will be enjoying kale and chickpeas tossed with or shredded squash noodles only. No wrong way. On occasion I like to add some bread crumbs and parmasean cheese too.
- 1 spaghetti squash
- extra-virgin olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Slice the spaghetti squash in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds and ribbing. Drizzle the inside of the squash with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place the spaghetti squash cut side down on the baking sheet and use a fork to poke holes. Roast for 30 to 40 minutes or until lightly browned on the outside, fork tender, but still a litte bit firm. The time will vary depending on the size of your squash. I also find that the timing can vary from squash to squash.
- Remove from the oven and flip the squash so that it’s cut side up. When cool to the touch, use a fork to scrape and fluff the strands from the sides of the squash.
Until Next Time…