Someone gifted me the RumChata. Making a fun, do I dare even blink the words “frozen cocktail” drink? This is the first thought. Normally that is perhaps the first place to go with it, for sure. The second? Whip. It. Up. I happen to have a pound cake that doesn’t need additions. Today is Tuesday, so that is as good a reason as any to allow extra indulging? Rum with cinnamon and vanilla. I’ll take that. Here you go. Vanilla pound cake and RumChata whipped cream. Yes, please and thank you. I am not on a tropical island oasis right now. A great second? This cake whip combo will get you there.
The Rum Chata
- 4 tbsp confectioner’s sugar
- 2 oz rum chat
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
*I whipped by hand with a whisk. A hand held mixer or KitchenAid far easier.
Using a hand blender with a whisk attachment mix all ingredients in a bowl on high until fluffy peaks form. (It took me approximately 5-6 minutes.)
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature, plus more for pan
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled), plus more for pan
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter and flour a 6-cup (8 1/2-by-4 1/2-inch) loaf pan; set aside.
- Step 2 Using an electric mixer on high speed, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition; add vanilla and salt. With mixer on low, gradually add flour, beating just until combined (do not overmix).
- Step 3 Bake until a toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean, about 1 hour (tent with aluminum foil if browning too quickly). Let cool in pan 15 minutes. Invert onto a wire rack, and turn upright to cool completely.
Until Next Time…