After my first test batch, I’d say a griddle with an appropriate slotted spatual absolutely a requirement. And canola oil. Butter and olive oil, my choices. I tried this recipe with two different types of pans, one rubber spatula and one icing spatula. If you try with a pan that is not a griddle, and more of a pancake looking like that of Tastemade.com, please let me know. And what pans and spatulas used. Meanwhile, I will wait for Amazon to deliver. Links provided take you to my Amazon store.
As for taste? This is really a most yummy alternative to the regular Bisquick and super simple. If you are a texture person, this may not be for you. Given my certain dietary guidelines as of late, this arrived right on time. Thanks Tastemade.com.
A few photos below taken with my Nikon and iPhone. The quality seems fitting considering the out come of the this first test batch. Older cookbooks didn’t have many photos anyway, if any photos at all. I do love a visual.
Simple pancakes from Tastemade
1 medium ripe banana
1 large egg
Canola oil (I tried one with butter and for sure use canola oil)
Butter, for serving
Syrup, for serving
- Heat griddle or nonstick pan over medium heat.
- Mash the banana in a bowl until smooth. Mix in the egg.
- Once pan is hot, lightly oil with canola oil. Once oil is hot, add no more than 3 tablespoons of batter to the griddle and cook, until golden brown (about 2 minutes per side).
- Carefully flip the cake with a flat spatula.
- Serve with butter and syrup.
Until Next Time…